Quoted from John's comment on my "Gatwick Airport" review:
"In order, my 5 favourite airports are:
1. Barra, Outer Hebrides (if you haven't flown into Barra, then you haven't lived. End of)
2. Helsinki (properly heated; didn't realise it was minus 30 outside till I went to get the bus (also has a good shop that sells very thick, woolly scarves and will serve you in a hurry if the bus is waiting)
3. Copenhagen (get off plane; get luggage; take escalator; get on train to just about anywhere in western europe. How to truly integrate transport)
4. Seattle (possibly biased, as it was my first US trip)
5. LA (not an especially great airport, but it's the feeling of "Hey, I'm in LA!")
My least favourite airport is Bristol. Absolutely bugger all to do if your flight is delayed."
In defence of Bristol Airport- I have it on good authority that they've done some upgrading recently. A friend was delayed there and said they had a few comfy chairs and good eateries. I will be checking it out myself next month- I'll let you know.